Globe Portfolio - Funds - Start Recurring Transactions
Start Recurring Buy/Sell
About Recurring Buy/Sell: Many investors purchase or sell mutual funds on a regular basis throughout the year. In Globe Portfolio, these types of scheduled transactions are set up as recurring transactions.
Once you have a recurring transaction set up, Globe Portfolio will automatically record the
buy or sell transactions on the appropriate day(s) of the month. You will see these
transactions when you display the Transaction Report for your portfolio.
To start a recurring transaction in your portfolio, follow the instructions below.
- If you have more than one portfolio, ensure that the portfolio shown in the screen
heading is the portfolio you want to add this recurring transaction to. If it is not,
click Change Portfolio and select the correct portfolio for this transaction.
- Choose the fund you want to add the recurring transaction for from the pull-down list
beside Select Fund.
- Enter the date of the first transaction in the date fields in the format yyyy mm
- The date of the first buy/sell cannot be a date in the future. The date of the first transaction must pass, ensuring that a market price is available, before the recurring transaction can be started.
- Because Globe Portfolio only has complete daily fund prices back to December 31,
1997, it is not possible to start a recurring transaction prior to that date. Use the Record Buy/Sell-Funds option to enter the value you have accumulated (or sold off) as of some date after December 31, 1997. Your 1997 year-end statement would give you your total units and investment in the fund as of the close of
the year. You could then start a recurring buy/sell as of the beginning of 1998.
- Select the frequency of the transaction. For clarification, Bi-weekly is every
second week (26 transactions a year), while Semi-monthly is twice a month (24
transactions a year). If you select Semi-monthly, you must enter two dates in the same
month, indicating the two days of each month when the transactions take place. Further
information is available in the Recurring Transaction Frequencies section.
- Enter the dollar value you will either pay on a recurring basis to purchase funds or
sell and convert to cash.
- If you are paying any fees to a broker, financial planner, or fund company, you must
enter either a percentage or a dollar value.
- Click either Buy or Sell depending on the type of recurring buy/sell
you are setting up. The Confirmation screen will be shown.
- If the details are correct, click Add to my portfolio. If you need to make a change or correction, click your Web browser's Back button.
In the evening after the day's closing fund prices have been added, Globe Portfolio executes the recurring transactions that are scheduled for that date. If by any circumstance, the day's closing price for a particular fund is not available in Globe Portfolio's database, Globe Portfolio will be unable to execute the transaction. We unfortunately cannot default the system to apply the previous or next day price.
If you have your fund company statement and know the market price at which your recurring transaction occurred, you may choose to do the following:
- On the Globe Portfolio main page, click Stop Recurring Transaction.
- Click the box beside the fund and click Stop Transaction.
- On the Globe Portfolio main page, click Add Single Transaction. Add the details of your buy or sell transaction and click Buy / Sell. On the confirmation screen, click Confirm Transaction.
- On the Globe Portfolio main page, click Start Recurring Transaction. Re-enter your recurring transaction for this fund with the next start date.