globeinvestor.com - Company Snapshot
Online Help: Company Snapshot
About Company Snapshot:
Company Snapshots provide a brief description of thousands of publicly traded companies based in Canada and the United States, including a description of the company's area(s) of concentration and its main sources of revenue, its annual financials, contact information, industry competitors and key corporate personnel. Generally, clicking on an underlined company name or the icon anywhere on the site will return a snapshot of the company. Report on Business Company Snapshots and rankings are available for Canadian Companies. Zacks supplies corporate data and descriptions for U.S. companies.
Trailing 12 Month Results:
- Balance Sheet dates: The table shows Total Revenue, Earnings before Interest and Tax, Profit/Loss, EPS, Total Assets, Return on Common Equity and number of Employees for the past three annual fiscal periods. Three-year growth figures are also provided.
- Dividends per Share: Dividends per share presented for annual results for the indicated fiscal year.
- Earnings before Interest & Tax ($000): Indicates a company's earnings ability before debt costs and taxes, which shows how it manages controllable revenue and expenses. Formula: net earnings with taxes and interest added back.
- Earnings per Share: Earnings, or net income, before extraordinary gains or losses, less preferred-share dividends, divided by average common shares outstanding during the indicated fiscal year.
- Employees: The number of employees.
- Profit/Loss ($000): The net income for the fiscal year. Three-year profit/loss growth is the compounded growth rate of net income over the last three years.
- Return on Com. Equity: Returned on Common Equity (Return on average common equity): Shows how effectively a company is employing its capital to generate profits. Formula: Earnings before extraordinary items, less preferred-share dividends, divided by averge common shareholders' equity. The three-year growth for Return on Common Equity shows the rate or return on the shareholders' investment over the long term. Formula: Simple average of the return on common equity for the past three years.
- Total Assets ($000): As presented by the company.
- Total Revenue ($000): Total revenue from operations, less sales and excise taxes, plus income from investments and any other pretax income during indicated fiscal year. Three-year revenue growth is the compounded growth rate of total revenue over the last three years.
- Dividends per Share: Dividends per share presented for annual results for the indicated twelve-month period.
- Earnings per Share: Earnings, or net income, before extraordinary gains or losses, less preferred-share dividends, divided by average common shares outstanding during the indicated twelve-month period.
- Number of Shares: The total number of shares outstanding at the end of the indicated twelve-month period.
- Profit/Loss ($000): The net income for the indicated twelve-month period.
- Total Revenue ($000): Total revenue from operations, less sales and excise taxes, plus income from investments and any other pretax income for the indicated twelve-month period.
Top Companies in Industry (Selected by Assets): A list of companies that share the profiled company's industry classification, selected by the level of reported assets.
- Auditors: Firm hired to verify the accuracy of the company's accounting and financial records.
- Company Type: Publicly traded companies have shares that trade on a recognized stock exchange.
- Contact Information: The company's address, phone and fax numbers, and Web site and e-mail addresses, if applicable.
- Incorporation: Province, country or state in which the company is a registered legal corporation.
- Key Personnel: The names of the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer are reported here.
- Other Securities: A list of all ticker symbols under which the company's shares trade.
- Report on Business Magazine Top 1000 Ranking: ROB magazine ranks Canada's major companies by profits, revenues and assets. A ranking of 0001 is the highest possible. A ranking of 1000 is the lowest among the 1000 companies featured in the report.
- Securities: Security Symbols and links to each security issued by the profiled company.
- Transfer Agent: The Transfer Agent is the trust company that keeps a record of the names, addresses and number of shares held by its shareholders. In many cases, the appointed agent also distributes dividend cheques to shareholders.
Find out More: Click the text links to view a price and volume chart for the individual security or index, Stock Today price quote, the latest news and current price and financial reports for the company's most frequently traded symbol.